ECommerce integration coordinates a company’s website and back-end inventory and accounting systems. Integrating correctly allows information to flow between the two systems. Therefore, data need only be entered once.
What Are the Benefits of eCommerce Integration for a Company that Sells Business-to-Business?
Its first results in several significant efficiencies.
Primarily, the inventory levels will update automatically in two locations.
Back-end: The product is sold via your site, making life easier and more efficient for your internal teams.
Front end: The product is added to your inventory. This makes life easier for customers.
Although most eCommerce businesses have one-way connectivity or batch updates, true commerce integration can be achieved by two-way, real-time data flow, such as that provided by mobile applications and Cloud platforms.
Why Should My Business Integrate?
Many businesses choose full integration of both systems to ensure that inventory and pricing information is available to staff and customers in real time. Secondly, and most importantly, as demand rises, the need to have additional staff to process transactions is minimized.
Integrating eCommerce sales channels with ERP allows you to improve your Business’s efficiency in several ways.
The main data you need to communicate between systems are order, inventory, customer, item, shipping/tracking, and customer.
What are the Drawbacks to Manual Processes?
Mistakes can easily occur when your eCommerce and digital ordering processes need an automated system.
- Shipping addresses may be incorrectly entered.
- Incorrect inventory levels can lead to overselling
- Product information might need to be completed, accurate, or available.
- The bottom line is that your entire end-to-end customer experience could be in danger if you don’t have two-way connectivity.
What Are The Biggest Obstacles To B2B Ecommerce Integration?
Companies often need to be made aware of the need to connect their ERP systems to eCommerce.
We also know that, after doing this hundreds upon hundreds for clients in dozens of different industry sectors worldwide, it quickly becomes worth the effort when you see what the benefits are.
ECommerce integration with an ERP system is a great way to improve customer experience and optimize your operations. It’s both immediate and long-term.
What to Expect with ERP Integration?
To be successful online, you must incorporate your ERP, account, and inventory software into your eCommerce strategy.
Nomad offers the complexity required to enable ecommerce ERP integration. This, in turn, makes it easy to track and fulfill new orders, regardless of their place or time.
This solution allows you to give customers live account information. This promotes further efficiency through customer self-service.
Customers can access and view their accounts online anytime, anywhere. You can access online information on your customer’s order history, their invoices, as well as their real-time price and current stock.
You will enjoy many benefits from integrating, like the ones listed below.
Summary: 6 Benefits of eCommerce ERP Integration
- Use to reduce manual entry to increase productivity and save time while reducing errors.
- Streamline inventory synchronization—track updates. Provide accurate inventory levels for customers.
- Customers get notifications when orders are shipped. Customers can track the delivery status.
- You can simplify how you manage price, product changes, and inventory.
- Without sacrificing operational efficiency, the flexibility to add multiple web stores and marketplaces (web stores) and brick & mortar sales channels.
- Handle an increased demand via online orders with no need for additional resources